Any new tips for ridding an old home of that old house smell?

+3
From the basement up.

• Reb12072384 Reb12072384 on Dec 31, 2017
    There's this stuff called odoban. I think you can get it at walmart. You can use this stuff on almost anything. I wouldn't put it on carpet though. Just on any surface, and you can even wash your clothes with it too. This stuff really gets out odors. But its really strong smelling. Hope this helps.

• Charly Charly on Dec 31, 2017
    Have you tried using a mixture of vanilla and water in a spray bottle?
    Usually, the smells from an old house comes from the dried up wood in the structure of the house. Not a lot you can do other than masking the odor with fragrances from room sprays or plug in air fresheners.

• Fran Fran on Jan 01, 2018
    Get volcano rock from Home Depot. It absorbs all smells. When it stops working out it in the sun to recharge the rocks. it comes in a mesh bag. Put a bunch of them in the basement. And make sure to remove any excess dust in heating vents. that will help get rid of the smell too.

• L. Creative L. Creative on Jan 01, 2018
    The above advice worked for me in my 50’s split level. I heard if you live where sun is scarce you can also microwave the rock to dry it out.