Can a sub-floor be cleaned?

+5
Tore up carpet - dog peed on sub-floor. Do I have to replace it before I can put new floor on top of it?
  • Crystal Crystal on Jun 21, 2017
    Use block out it will kill the odor and seal the wood as well.

• Lisa Knecht Lisa Knecht on Jun 21, 2017
    You can try Odor ban on it before replacing the flooring. Sold at Lowes. I poured it on my subfloor, swished it around with a broom and then dryer with a fan for a couple days. No more odor before putting down laminate.

• See 1 previous
    • Allison Allison on Jun 21, 2017
      It works on everything. I use it in the laundry, general cleaning, fabric refresher, it's fantastic. It says that it is eucalyptus scented, but I don't get that from it. It can be over powering, but if you have someone in your home that deep fries everything they eat, it will banish that awful smell. Do not use it on your pets, but can safely be used on carpet and bedding.

• Nena Hodges Nena Hodges on Jun 21, 2017
    Try BUBBAS, Super Strength Commercial Enzyme Cleaner-Pet Odor Eliminator. It works on hard floor, so it should do well on any wood

• Heather Heather on Jun 21, 2017
    Paint the sub floor worth a stain blocker like Kilz. Allow to sry and repeat until any smell is gone.

• Jacqueline duhart Jacqueline duhart on Jun 21, 2017
    I have used Kilz and Zinsser odor and stain blocker sealer/primer with great success.

• Julie Boger-Rusaw Julie Boger-Rusaw on Jun 23, 2017
    vinegar kills smells. We use it everywhere and once it dries the vinegar smell will be gone too