Cleaning spider droppings

+6
My wood and ceramic floors get covered with droppings from spiders...what is the best way to get rid of that without damaging the wood or tile?
  • Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Jul 25, 2016
    Vacuum and use a mixture of white vinegar and water in a spray bottle 50/50 mix.

• Lyn2398900 Lyn2398900 on Jul 25, 2016
    Why do you have droppings from spiders? That sounds creepy. Get rid of them and your problem is solved!!! Janet's answer is good.

• Recycler Recycler on Jul 26, 2016
    spiders are better than other bugs and people who are personally and environmentally careful do not use pesticides or bug killers around our pets and families . Janet has a solution...figuratively and literally. Yours is "creepy" when I think of chemicals

• Johnchip Johnchip on Jul 26, 2016
    Either you are Moritcia Addams or you have a very unusual infestation you need to address. Are you sure this is spider discharge, not bat?

• Recycler Recycler on Jul 26, 2016
    Yes I am sure. When one has several homes, and leaves one of them empty for months at a time, and doesn't kill the spiders (natural predators) or use insecticides indiscriminately , this happens. I also know about bats....have them outdoors in one of my homes and it is quite a different type of "poop". I just want to know how to rid myself of the stains, but not the spiders...

• Recycler Recycler on Jul 26, 2016
    thanks, Janet, for your help...as far as the two others, I guess you like to insult

• Lyn2398900 Lyn2398900 on Jul 27, 2016
    I did not mean to insult her! When she explained why she had this problem, it was clear to me! Otherwise it didn't make sense to live with them....now I know. And good luck gal!

• Beth Beth on Oct 16, 2019

ecover washing up liquid on a damp cloth for wooden floor boards. The same mixture with a dash of white vinegar for tiled floors.

• Redcatcec Redcatcec on Dec 20, 2021

Sweep up first and then use half and half white vinegar and water. Take a microfiber rag and wipe up right away.