Dogs oopsie spot

+5
I adopted a older dog who insists on urinating on the wood floor he front of my bathroom . It never fails if I go to the restroom she goes also . i have a doggy door that all the dogs use. The some of them he others are starting to use this spot now .... how can I remove the smell and stop that attraction

• Pascale Nguyen Pascale Nguyen on Dec 25, 2017
    Here is 1 suggestion, you can go into YouTube and get more:

• Karen Morin Karen Morin on Dec 25, 2017
    This could be a medical issue. I would call a vet.

• Steph knepper Steph knepper on Dec 25, 2017
    If the spot is on carpeting, liberally spray WINDEX on the spot. Let it sit for a few minutes, then either put paper towels or a utility towel on it and stand on it to draw the moisture out. Generally speaking,this will eliminate the spot, plus the dog isn’t happy about the WINDEX smell.

Sorry, you did say wood floor.

• Liz Liz on Dec 25, 2017
    Is the wood porous? or has it been polyurethaned?

• Dfm Dfm on Dec 25, 2017
    natures miricle

• Could you put an area rug in front of the door and then pick it up when the dog pees on it? You could put a convalescent pad under the rug but make sure it is not too slippery. But it is most important to try working with the dog to train the dog not to pee there. Sternly tell her, "No" after she soils that spot and then take the dog out for a walk. Bring a treat with you and heap on praise when she pees outside. It takes patience and persistence and do not get angry. Also, try walking the dog and then putting the dog in another room and closing the door before you go to use the bathroom so that the dog does not have the opportunity to pee on the floor. Give the dog another walk after you finish in the bathroom and reinforce the dogs peeing outside. Dogs mark territory with urine, it is like they leave a calling card to say this is their neighborhood. The dog is smelling urine in the bathroom (their sense of smell is remarkable!) and saying, "this is the place to go, I live here too." It is hard when you do not know a dog's history; she could have been paper trained at some point to go in an area that was close to the bathroom. Be patient and persistent... better to retrain the dog than to live with this bad habit. I give you a lot of credit for making a home for an older dog!

• Mogie Mogie on Dec 25, 2017
    Use wee wee pads.