How do I clean scratches from laminated floors ?

how do I clean scratches from laminated floors to have to make by having furniture
  • Olivia Tooley Olivia Tooley on Jun 21, 2017
    The fellow at the flooring store recommened using fine, steel wool to gently sand the area. Then re-stain the area with a matchung color. we bought the material, but are yet to do it.

• Linda Sikut Linda Sikut on Jun 21, 2017
    Hi Kim, it depends on what color you need. You can try a piece of walnut, sometimes that works, but I suspect if it's from furniture there are quite a few. The FIRST thing to do is to felt pads and put them on the feet of all of your furniture so there are no more scratches. You can get them in a lot of places, hardware stores, Walmart, Target - just be sure to get FELT, there are other options.
    While you're at the hardware store look for floor repair crayons or markers. They will color the marks so they aren't so noticeable. If they are really deep you could try wood putty but I don't know if the repair crayons or markers will fix the color.

When we got our wood floors, the first thing we did was put those felt pads under the chairs around our table. Then I decided to get an area rug in the LR and DR. That helps some but most of our LR furniture is not on the rug. It does help in the DR though, along with the felt pads.

Good luck!

• Shannon Spell Shannon Spell on Jun 21, 2017
    Try a Mr. Clean sponge pad!