How to clean my jewelry pearls

+5
  • Rebecca Babbitt Rebecca Babbitt on Jun 20, 2017
    Real pearls are worth taking to a jeweler to have cleaned. It is not too expensive, and while cleaning them she will examine the string for weakness, etc.

• Caryl S Caryl S on Jun 20, 2017
    Only use clean water and a soft, clean cloth to wipe them. Make sure they are dry before putting them away.

• Sunny C Sunny C on Jun 20, 2017
    Hello Vilmaaviles2003; I too have Pearls, and I like to be able to safely clean them at home.
    What my Jeweler told me to do is this. I use water, an old toothbrush, and a tiny half drop of toothpaste. I gently clean the pearl, and the setting.
    This works well for me. Take Care.

• Carole Carole on Jun 20, 2017
    Never use an ultrasonic cleaner

• I agree, I would not try to do this myself but that being said, you should not have to have them cleaned that often if you wipe them gently with a lint free cloth after each wearing.

• Rosalie Rogers Rosalie Rogers on Jun 20, 2017
    My pearls are freshwater and I use water and baby shampoo. Of course I do not drench them, just lightly rub and rinse. So far, so good. I read this when I wanted the information for myself and this is what I do.

• Melissa Travis Thompson Melissa Travis Thompson on Jun 20, 2017
    woolite and warm water.