What is a good window washing cleaner?

+2
Anyone use a window washing product I found on line which is in two pieces. One for the inside pane, one for the outside which has a magnet on it? Does it work on double window panes?

• Landsharkinnc Landsharkinnc on Dec 10, 2017
    I've seen them advertised --- personally have never used it, sounds too good to be true! I can't imagine that the magnet would be strong enough to put enough pressure on the glass to really get it clean ...

• Joy30150932 Joy30150932 on Dec 10, 2017
    If you use household ammonia or vinegar in warm water and then wipe with a clean lint free cloth you will get nice shiny windows.

• 2dogal 2dogal on Dec 10, 2017
    You cannot wash the inside of double paned windows. They are sealed by the factory. I would think whatever product you are describing is a come on and not worth the money spent on it.

• Nancy Turner Nancy Turner on Dec 10, 2017
    We have something like that to clean the glass on the inside of our aquariums. Double pane windows may not work unless the magnet is really strong since there is air space between the panes. You may need to remove frequently to clean it so you don't just move around dirt. If you have them, all you can do is try. It may also work pretty well on things like screen door windows and car windows. Nay be one of those things that look good on the advertisement but is cheap junk when you get it.