Should I pressure wash my deck before staining?

+5
Not sure if use stain or somethg else they have out there thks for your help.

• Rick Rick on Jul 21, 2017
    Yes, if you want the best results.

• Lavica Lavica on Jul 21, 2017
    It would be a good idea, especially if there is mold on it. Should you decide to power wash, make sure not to use too high of a setting (as to avoid lifting the wood fibers and unnecessarily roughening the surface) and be sure to let the deck dry completely before applying the stain.

• I would wash the deck, always best to start with a clean slate.

• Sarah Barganier Sarah Barganier on Jul 21, 2017
    Pressure washing will help to "prep" the surface to help with whatever you are going to put done.

• Kay Kay on Jul 22, 2017
    I would give the deck a light sand beforehand, then sweep and wash the deck afterwards. Make sure the deck is completely dry and dust free, befoe staining. Kay Adelaide Australia

• Joanie Joanie on Jul 22, 2017
    Havin' a beautiful. large decks for 30 years....YES!! Please power wash and find the BEST waterproof stain you can find. Get something with varnish. A Marine product....SOMETHING you don't have to redo every year. TRUST ME!! ASK a deck builder, he'll tell ya!!

• Denelda Deering Denelda Deering on Jul 22, 2017
    Thks everyone for there thoughts and great ideas. I'm ready to go 🖒🖒

• Des Des on Jul 22, 2017
    If using Varnish Thin the first coat 25% with the manufactures recommended Thinners, I did this and very quickly using a Spray Gun, or a Cheap Watering Can !