What repels dirt and dust from auto windshields

+2
  • Jan Clark Jan Clark on Dec 30, 2017
    In a word, nothing. But what you're looking for, Carol, is something to reduce the friction and lessen the ability for that stuff to stick. So, what I do is get some window cleaner, Rain-X and 0000 steel wool. And a bunch of rags. With your car out of direct sun, wash your windows and dry them. Then LIGHTLY in a circular motion, use the steel wool. It won't scratch the glass but will smooth it a lot. Wipe it off and wash the windows again to make sure there are no tiny bits of steel wool sticking to the glass. Then, use the Rain-X as directed on the bottle. For me in North Texas, I do this once a year and the cars do really well. Also, if you have delicate skin, use gloves when working with the steel wool so you won't get splinters.

• Sharon Sharon on Dec 30, 2017
    I use RainX on my windshield and like it a lot.

• Barbara Barbara on Dec 30, 2017
    We use Rain-X here in Arizona too. Works great for bird droppings also, they wipe right off.

• Shoshana Shoshana on Dec 31, 2017
    You can also try a product called RainFree. They sell it on Amazon.