What's the best way to clean algae and mold off of concrete?

+3
I live in the Southeast and mold and algae grows on porches and sidewalks, very quickly.

• Rowgop (Pam) Rowgop (Pam) on Jan 01, 2018
    Use a stiff pig-bristle or metal scrub brush to remove the mold by hand. You can also use an abrasive-like sand or household scouring powder to help remove mold with a scrub brush. Rinse the area thoroughly with clean water, from either a hose or a spray bottle and sponge.

• 02029359042 02029359042 on Jan 01, 2018
    Buy cheapest bleach and use half water and bleach in spray bottle. Spray generously on molds and algae. Let sit for 1 minute and srub with broom. Clean with water. Done.

• Bijous Bijous on Jan 01, 2018
    Use concrete cleaner. I use Concrobium and EZ House Wash. The EZ just attaches to a hose. You may need a couple of applications with the EZ and work a little harder with a scrub-brush but it works. The Concrobium I use with a brush and it is really good. I did my front courtyard that has one part constantly in the shade and it still looks great. There is a difference in price, though...

• V Smith V Smith on Jan 01, 2018
    I used to have a brick walk and patio on the shady side of my house. Each year I would fill a big plastic tub with soapy, bleachy water. Starting at one end I would scoop up a bucket of water, pour it over the bricks and push it back and forth with a push broom. There were tie walls that were also covered in algae and for that I would spray Thompson's Deck cleaner. That stuff works like magic and it smells nice. The house I live in now is on a lake and algae grows everywhere and I still use Thompson's to kill it.

• Pjo26908388 Pjo26908388 on Jan 01, 2018
    I use dry baking soda. I have a front sidewalk and porch that was slick/smelly/too mossy and it worked great. Sprinkle it on and in a few weeks the spores die.

Main all for living with nature- but sometimes our areas need tamed!

Since I have a garden with living bugs it is nice to have a solution that is kind to the environment.

• Nancy Nardone Nancy Nardone on Jan 02, 2018
    Mine comes right off with the pressure washer.