What is the recipe for cleaning silver with foil and baking soda?

+6
  • William William on Jan 30, 2019

I sell a lot of silver on Ebay. Jewelry, silverware, serving sets. Silver polish like Wrights and dips like TarnX tend to remove some of the metal. The foil method doesn't work that great and still leaves a grey film that still needs to be removed. I use white toothpaste (not gel) and a damp toothbrush. For large items I use a damp cloth. Also works on copper, brass, gold, porcelain, ceramics, sneakers, plastics, etc. For my sales I needed one product for cleaning everything.

• Hi Ingrid - This is the most effective and all-natural silver cleaning and polishing method that we use. It's also been featured by Hometalk. Hope this helps! Hugs, Holly

https://pinkfortitude.com/silver-utensils/

PS - I'm getting ready to release a FREE eBook with recipes for all of my homemade and all-natural cleaners. If you want to know when it's released, you can get it here --> https://pinkfortitude.com/thank/

• Chloe Crabtree Chloe Crabtree on Aug 01, 2021

Tarnished silver is no match for this aluminum foil “recipe.” Bring one liter of water, one tablespoon of baking soda, and one piece of aluminum foil to a boil. Drop silverware in the pot for 10 seconds (longer if it's very tarnished), then remove using kitchen tongs. Magic!

• Chloe Crabtree Chloe Crabtree on Sep 04, 2021
    1. Put Foil and Water in the Washtub. Line the bottom of the washtub or glass baking dish with a large piece of aluminum foil. ...
    2. Add Salt and Baking Soda. Sprinkle in 2 tablespoons of table salt and 2 tablespoons of baking soda. ...
    3. Add the Silver. ...
    4. Soak the Silver. ...
    5. Remove the Silver.

• Deb K Deb K on Sep 12, 2021

Hi Ingrid, Tarnished silver is no match for this aluminum foil “recipe.” Bring one liter of water, one tablespoon of baking soda, and one piece of aluminum foil to a boil. Drop silverware in the pot for 10 seconds (longer if it's very tarnished), then remove using kitchen tongs. Magic!

• Ingrid Ingrid on Sep 12, 2021

Thank you