What can I use for a board for jigsaw puzzles?

+8

Does anyone have any suggestions for a mat/board to use when putting a jigsaw puzzle together? Due to downsizing, I no longer have the room to leave a puzzle out when not working on it. Was told not to waste my money on the plastic roll up mats because they don’t work. Thank you!

• Mary lu Mary lu on Jan 03, 2019

you can buy a mat especially for jigsaw puzzles, you roll it up and it is ready to continue with the next time.

• Nancy Turner Nancy Turner on Jan 03, 2019

I have one that is made out of cardboard and foam sheets that works fairly well. I have a coffee table that we use and cover it with a piece of foam board and a large towel when we aren't working on the puzzle. We have to cover it due to four doggie tails that like to wipe clean tables.

• See 2 previous
    • Chriss Grijak Chriss Grijak on Jan 06, 2019

Thank you Nancy! I will be going to Hobby Lobby tomorrow! I didn’t know they were closed on Sunday! 🙂

• Barbara Barbara on Jan 03, 2019

buy a piece of any color felt fabric from a fabric store like Joanne’s cut to the size of a 1000 pc puzzle (1/2 yd or 1 yd ). Place on table and start puzzle. When done or half done simply roll it up

• Pat Pat on Jan 06, 2019

We used to use newspapers over our puzzle when doing it in the dining room table....then put table cloth on over newspaper...

• Nancy Turner Nancy Turner on Jan 06, 2019

Yes, they are very family oriented. Mine is closed on Sundays, too so that every employee can be home on Sundays. I wish every business was like that. I remember back when every store was closed on Sundays, only the restaurants were open.

• See 2 previous
    • Nancy Turner Nancy Turner on Jan 07, 2019

At least you can reuse it many times, just put it in the back of a closet when you aren't using it. Have fun with your puzzle. I love jigsaw puzzles!