Suggestions for ceiling lighting?

+8
I have a low ceiling needing a new fixture that provides lots of light. Any suggestions?
q ceiling lighting
  • Kay27246977 Kay27246977 on Dec 19, 2017
    try restoration hardware. they have some good solutions for things like this

• Vimarhonor Vimarhonor on Dec 19, 2017
    Please consider the newer LED lights. We put the flush mount in the basement rooms, box type in the garage and led ceiling tile fixture in the drop ceiling. They cost a bit more than regular bulb or fluorescent lighting but I feel that they’re substantially brighter and you’re not going have to worry about changing a bulb for a long time.

• Peter Peter on Dec 19, 2017
    If that's indoors, try shopping for LED lighting panels... they're nearly Flat (about 1/2" thick!) and about 1 square foot as a minimum.
    But choose lighting Temperature carefully... it affects the color of the light.

• Ret31758469 Ret31758469 on Dec 19, 2017
    What does lighting temperature mean? Also, I have a ceiling fan ,&a ten foot ceiling. When you use the light on it, it feels like an
    interigation room. Any suggestion for bulbs to help with this? Thanks. Love this sight.

• See 1 previous
    • Flipturn Flipturn on Dec 21, 2017
      If the lighting from your ceiling fan light feels harsh, this says it is the wrong light for the room.
      I agree with others who have recommended LED light, (which are wires containing Light Emitting Diodes) not only because LED lights take less energy than "ordinary incandescent light bulbs" but they do not get hot, or give off heat when they are on.
      Ceiling fan lights come in two main styles- those with LED lighting integrated into design of the fixture, and those that require screwing in of an LED lightbulb.
      Often the integrated style has an enclosed glass covering which usually does not give light as bright as an open covering, and are not always dimmable.
      If you like the style where you choose the bulbs yourself, using dimmable lightbulbs will ensure that the fixture is dimmable, which will give you a broader more versatile range of lighting.
      It is worth spending a little extra at the beginning to choose a ceiling fan fixture that comes with a remote control for not only the fan speeds, but for the dimming of the light as well.

• Peter Peter on Dec 19, 2017
    An incandescent bulb is closest to 2700 degK, fluorescent is dependent (cool or warm white, or daylight... to me all rediculous non-desciptions!)
    LEDs come commonly labelled as 2700, 3000, 4000, and 5000 degree... higher numbers look more blue or similar to industrial fluorescents.
    What you choose depends on the space it's in... outdoors look best with 2700, as do most residential interiors. I use higher temps for closets, the garage and hallways. But I can use lower wattage there, too.

• Lil30711940 Lil30711940 on Dec 25, 2017
    I had the same issue and addressed it 2 years ago with LED lights from Home Depot.

• Barb Barb on Dec 26, 2017
    Check Home Depot and value home center and Lowe’s they have inexpensive wall huggers light that are trendy and stylish📌