Change a floor lamp to a torchiere

by Linda
i have a floor lamp that I would like to change to a uplight torchiere, but I'm not sure how to do this.
  6 answers
  • Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Sep 25, 2015
    First I would comment pictures will be helpful to determine this process. Questions do you want to go LED or regular. Glass shade or cloth?
    • Linda Linda on Sep 26, 2015
      @Janet Pizaro sorry the first response missed the pic, this is a broken lamp from Disney world, that was broken on arrival at their site and my grand son picked it up for 10.00 we added the bird house as replacement fpr the
  • Marge Marge on Sep 26, 2015
    What is an uplight torchiere? I have 2 different floor lamps that might be worth the conversion.
    • See 1 previous
    • Marge Marge on Sep 27, 2015
      @LD Thanks.
  • Sherry Shoup Sherry Shoup on Sep 26, 2015
    Yes in order for us to help we have to see what your lamp looks like.
  • Z Z on Sep 27, 2015
    Linda, you will need to replace the current lamp fittings with torchiere parts. You can find the parts you need at the link below. It looks as though all you'll need is the mogul socket, the torchiere shade holder and the shade itself.
  • Deb K Deb K on Mar 12, 2023

    Hi Linda, can you please post a picture of this lamp?

  • Mogie Mogie on Mar 13, 2023

    Yes a picture would be very helpful so we can see what you have to work with.