Does anyone know the pottery maker for these?

I pulled these from my uncles house so they have to be at least 1950s 60s or? No markings. Looked on eBay and etsy but no names? HELP?!
does anyone know the pottery maker for these, home decor, repurposing upcycling, Not one chip Love the little pitcher too
Not one chip! Love the little pitcher too
  38 answers
  • Mitzi Evans Mitzi Evans on Dec 05, 2013
    Beautiful pieces . . . quite a find. I'm a pottery lover, but don't know alot about the different types. Hull usually has a mark on the bottom. Enjoy them! No microwave or dishwasher!

  • Julie Moyna Julie Moyna on Dec 05, 2013
    I'm a collector too. Mostly California pieces. It's not hull unless they didn't mark these. I do know no mic or dishwasher. Lol. I pulled some amazing sets and individual pieces I'll be posting. Thank you!

  • Phyllis Mcdaniel Phyllis Mcdaniel on Dec 06, 2013
    possibly bybee pottery, Richmond ky

  • Terri Austill Terri Austill on Dec 06, 2013
    I've been an antique dealer over 20 years and I've seen a lot of these no-name pieces. They're from the 60's-70's, and unfortunately are not very valuable except for sentimental reasons. Love them and enjoy them because they remind you of your uncle!

    • Julie Moyna Julie Moyna on Dec 07, 2013
      @Terri Austill Thank you kindly Terri. I appreciate your input. I like googling my finds but, really love to hear first hand knowledge and ideas. Cheers!

  • Barbara Brewer Barbara Brewer on Dec 06, 2013
    Julie, afraid terri is right been in the biz only abt 10 years as terri said USE & ENJOY

  • Beverly Beverly on Dec 06, 2013
    If I remember correctly the pottery manufacturer is Hull.

  • Colleen Swiridowsky Colleen Swiridowsky on Dec 06, 2013
    I don't know who either, but I have a soup bowl and a small bowl in those same colors and I truly love them! Picked them up at a tag sale.

    • Julie Moyna Julie Moyna on Dec 08, 2013
      @Colleen Swiridowsky ((((((($2.00))))))) yard sale. Last customer...meant to be :)

  • Kim L Kim L on Dec 07, 2013
    I can tell you that they are NOT Hull pieces. I've been collecting Hull and the pottery you have shown for many many moons. Almost all of the ones I own have the engraved USA mark on the bottom except for one - and it's a small 1 pint pitcher that has the markings "Made in England by Pearson's of Chesterfield". I met an antique dealer while back in PA the past summer - he had quite a collection, many of which I own. He told me the name and I recognized it, but for crying out loud I just CANNOT remember the name!!! Too many senior moments lately!!! I simply call them 'brownware' for the time being - I absolutely LOVE all your pieces - I have the same ones and a gazillion more!!

  • Amy Ellis @ StowandTellU Amy Ellis @ StowandTellU on Dec 07, 2013
    It might be McCoy Potter Does that sound like the name you might have been looking for?

    • See 1 previous
    • Kim L Kim L on Dec 11, 2013
      @Amy Ellis @ StowandTellU They are most definitely NOT McCoy's horrible when one cannot remember a name!!

  • Amy Ellis @ StowandTellU Amy Ellis @ StowandTellU on Dec 07, 2013
    I meant pottery ;)

  • Charlsie Sparks Blocker Charlsie Sparks Blocker on Dec 07, 2013
    Didn't Safeway sell these for 99 cents after you bought a certain amount of groceries??

  • Marsha Lamberth Marsha Lamberth on Dec 07, 2013
    I had a set of 4 of the little covered dishes with handles back in the 70's. They are called onion soup bowls. I don't remember if they had markings or not.

  • Susan Duvall Susan Duvall on Dec 07, 2013
    Pfaltzcraft used to make this style, but they stopped production 20 years ago and the factory is closed now, even the outlet store where we used to buy replacement pieces is out of business. York, PA

  • Sharril Swindle Sharril Swindle on Dec 07, 2013
    could be redwing, they usually stamp theirs though, I actually found a pitcher like that the other day, it was stamped into it on bottom but was sort of worn off in part, could make out that it was Redwing though

    • Julie Moyna Julie Moyna on Dec 08, 2013
      @Sharril Swindle I have quite a bit of RedWing and these have not one bit of marking. But, good news is there are no chips and all have lids!

  • Jeanette freeze Jeanette freeze on Dec 07, 2013
    mc.coy i think

  • Linda Sellers Linda Sellers on Dec 07, 2013
    I think McCoy also

  • Jane Stromwall Jane Stromwall on Dec 07, 2013
    I'd check Red Wing Pottery in Red Wing Minnesota

  • Debi Debi on Dec 07, 2013
    try looking for bean pots on ebay

  • Barbara Posluszny-Pace Barbara Posluszny-Pace on Dec 07, 2013
    I knew these as gas station give-a-ways in the late 60's and 70's.

    • Julie Moyna Julie Moyna on Dec 08, 2013
      @Barbara Posluszny-Pace Yes, when the "give aways" were more than a straw or sticker! I remember scale models of whatever business it was, oh...I got a jack knife from our bank! Nice, giving a child a knife! Those were the days!

  • Helen Neubauer Helen Neubauer on Dec 07, 2013
    Do these look like the ones you have?

    • See 1 previous
    • Julie Moyna Julie Moyna on Dec 08, 2013
      @Helen Neubauer can you read the name? I can't see it...

  • Linda Johnson Linda Johnson on Dec 08, 2013
    these are usually available at a resturaunt suppy place.I found a baking dish that was marked Hall Hi-Tech 1981 made in the U.S.A. 2937 hope this helps

  • Julie Piggott Julie Piggott on Dec 08, 2013
    Arnt these Bendigo Pottery, from Bendigo, Victoria, Australia.

  • Tammy Gahr Tammy Gahr on Dec 08, 2013

  • Tammy Gahr Tammy Gahr on Dec 08, 2013

  • Leslie Sawan Leslie Sawan on Dec 08, 2013
    mcCoy or hull I think.

    • Dixie Benezue Stine Dixie Benezue Stine on Dec 11, 2013
      @Leslie Sawan I agree, Leslie. I think they are Hull or McCoy. There are new ones out there that look like Hull and McCoy.

  • Julie Moyna Julie Moyna on Dec 08, 2013
    Thanks to all of your suggestions. I haven't nailed the maker down yet but do you think they are safe to use? (Lead in paint?). I know the new ones are not bad. But these being so old I wonder. Thanks!

  • Therese Ryan-Haas Therese Ryan-Haas on Dec 08, 2013
    Had a few of these growing up. Mother would make french onion soup in them. A friend of hers made them at home in the 60's. I think unless they are signed there is no telling were they are from. Maybe someone who has more experience might chime in. But I recall from High school days the glazing on the unshiny ones were not food friendly. But the clear glazing is like a glass coating that is food and oven save.

  • Julia Flowers Julia Flowers on Dec 08, 2013
    I have seen all the thoughts and had the name all ready to post, and blam! for the life of me I cannot remember. If I think of it soon I will post.

  • Sharril Swindle Sharril Swindle on Dec 08, 2013
    thats great you have a nice collection there!!

  • RoseMary Tuck RoseMary Tuck on Dec 08, 2013
    send the inquiry to (replacements limited) they are amazing. Good Luck

  • Kim L Kim L on Dec 09, 2013
    This is for Tammy says you're from Natrona Heights, PA????? Small world as I was born & raised in Natrona Heights, PA and have a group on Facebook called 'Natrona Heights Friends'!!!!! I live in Van Nuys, CA now,

  • Donna Franks Donna Franks on Dec 09, 2013
    they look like they may be USA, I have a few pieces and some of them have the USA on the bottom.

  • Renee Strange Renee Strange on Dec 09, 2013
    I'm pretty sure they are not Hull.

  • Joy.pilz Joy.pilz on Dec 10, 2013
    I bought an entire dinner set in the late 60's. Just wish I had kept them.

  • Lynn Richart Lynn Richart on Dec 10, 2013
    they look like Pfallscraft stoneware - that's not the correct spelling -

  • Blue Brushes Blue Brushes on Dec 11, 2013
    look like some from pottery in New Waterford, OH,,, but I think it is out of business... ??

  • Comet Comet on May 21, 2015
    Almost all Pfaltzgraf is and always has been marked--I have a soup tureen and the under platter etc for sale of those right now on ebay---with the extremely rare ladle. Contact me if you would like the info. The ones I have are marked with the "Old Castle" mark which helps to date them. Gorgeous drippey glaze; I think the pattern was called "Gourmet".