How can I DIY a winter windshield guard?

+6
I want to save all that scaping my windshield in the winer. I`m 72 years old and don`t have the strenght any more

• Combine 1 part water to 2 parts rubbing alcohol in a spray bottle. Spray this on your windshield and the ice will melt away!

• Candee Candee on Dec 28, 2017
    Place a sheet or a plastic table cloth over the windshield and the snow & ice will no longer be a problem, I used to do this when I lived up north then put a corner of whatever in the door before closing so it won't blow away

• 62q10370829 62q10370829 on Dec 28, 2017
    Tarp, news paper will help to.

• M. M.. M. M.. on Dec 28, 2017
    Old bed sheet or tarp/drop cloth can be stretched across the windshield, and the two ends can be closed in the driver and front passenger doors to hold the sheet. Alternatively, large magnets will keep sheet from flapping, but it depends on how windy your area is. No one wants to 'play in the snow' when you're just trying to drive... Hope this helps!

• See 1 previous
    • M. M.. M. M.. on Dec 30, 2017
      Yes, that would work if your wipers are springy. If it's going to be windy, you might want to add magnets. Magnets can be kept handy clinging to a metal part, like inside the car door where they won't interfere with door closing.