How do I hold a painting in the frame?

+2
I have an open back frame and a painting I want to hang. How do I hold the picture in the frame?

• Nancy Nancy on Dec 09, 2017
    Put small nails in the back of the frame to hold in the painting. Google and view photos with other options also.

• Sandy Sandy on Dec 09, 2017
    Depending on the size of the frame, you find some really skinny nails and put in one or two on each side and the top and bottom. You will be driving the nails thru the back wooden edge of the stretched canvas and into the inside of the frame, so make sure your nails will not go thru the frame. They need to be just long enough to hold the painting but not so long that you will be able to see them coming thru the front of the frame.

• Johnavallance82 Johnavallance82 on Dec 09, 2017
    You will need a rebate trim. Or as long as the picture won't slip out of the front of the frame , you could secure it by pinning elastic across the corners.