How to get a zipper back on it's track?

+2
  • Queenie Doss Queenie Doss on Dec 17, 2017
    you have to take it apart from the beginning ,make sure no teeth are missing,then after you get it zipped sew back across the bottom,utube is a good source to help visulize the process

• William William on Dec 17, 2017
    If you mean that it separated while still zipped and connected. I have done this with metal and nylon zippers that separated. I spray a little WD40 along the zipper. Then gently try to zip or unzip it. The WD40 acts as a lubricant and assists in zip/unzip.

• Cindy Cindy on Dec 17, 2017
    I have read posts where people have used candle wax to to make a zipper work right. If my memory serves me right, I also think soap would work. Just rub the bar of soap up and down zipper. That's a really old remedy.

• Jewellmartin Jewellmartin on Dec 17, 2017
    I rub both sides of the zipper with an old candle. Then I use a big thumbtack to hold one side down (usually on a piece of foam board) while I work the bottom pieces back together. Since your zipper works from top or bottom, it may work slightly differently. 😇