How to remove wallpaper. Can you just pain or put new wallpaper over?

We removed some other wallpaper years ago and it was very hard (we tried all kinds of ways). We need help. These 2 small area's are old and outdated. Sure don't want to just leave as is. We are seniors and need easy DIY. Thank for any help you can give. Jo

• Nicki Petruzzella Kerns Nicki Petruzzella Kerns on Jul 20, 2018

Don't paint over it. Remove it using (I can't remember its name, sorry!) a commercially made blue gel-like product that comes in a Windex-shaped bottle. Score your wallpaper lightly with an Xacto knife, spray the goo on til paper is almost saturated, then sit down with a cup of coffee or tea for about twenty minutes while the goo soaks into the paper. Then use a putty knife to scrape and/or peel the wallpaper off.

• Elizabeth Guzman Elizabeth Guzman on Jul 20, 2018

I know that home depot and Lowe's sells a wallpaper stripper chemicals. I had recently put wallpaper up in our new babys room and that's all they had at both places so thats how I know.