My walls have very old “wallpaper” which causes visible lines...ho

+2

My walls have very old “wallpaper” which causes visible lines...how can I cover this without removing all wallpapers

• Kathy Gunter Law Kathy Gunter Law on Sep 06, 2018

Perhaps using a drywall mud or crack patch and then paint over.

• Joy30150932 Joy30150932 on Sep 06, 2018

If you cover the walls again with paper the lines will continue to show through. You may have to strip them or put another layer of drywall over top. The only other thing you can do is to apply a rough textured paint to help mask the lines.

• Carol Armstrong Carol Armstrong on Sep 06, 2018

Have you tried to use sandpaper on the wallpaper lines to smooth them a little?

• Playoffgirl Playoffgirl on Sep 07, 2018

My parents have an old mobile home with embossed raised type wall paper in some areas..:Not wanting to remove it we decided to paint it first with Kilz kitchen/ceiling and it actually looked so good that we decided not to remove after all. The kilz gave it a contemporary look and even the raised areas look great. Cleaned walls first then 2 coats. Give it a try because removing is a bear!!!!!

• 2dogal 2dogal on Sep 07, 2018

Remove the wallpaper - when the glue loosens under it, you will have to remove it and redo all your work.