How do I remove wallpaper?

+4
  • William William on Jan 31, 2019

I use a 50/50 mix of vinegar and hot water in a spray bottle. Spray the wallpaper and let it soak. Use a putty knife to scape and peel off. Use the same mixture to wash the adhesive residue with a sponge.

• Heje Heje on Jan 31, 2019

I have used hot water and sprayed it on the paper where it has been scraped a little and then used a 3 inch putty knife to scrape off. Some people say they use fabric softener and others vinegar and others say dish soap. Good luck.

• Mary Wentroble Mary Wentroble on Jan 31, 2019

Thank you both for the helpful ways to remove wallpaper, I will try them both.

• Sharon Depatie Sharon Depatie on Feb 01, 2019

Use the cheapest fabric softener to soak onto wallpaper with a sponge. Roll old towels or rags on the floor to catch drips. Leave absorb 10-15 min. The softener softens the glue & a few light swipes with a scraper will peel it right off, stubborn areas may need 2 applications. . Work in 3 ft sections from top to bottom. Then wash your wall with a good solution of vinegar, & hot water.

• Carol Cook Lucas Carol Cook Lucas on Feb 01, 2019

Spray bottle with hot water and a cap of cheap fabric softener. I used a box knife to score the paper first. Let sit, spray again and used a plastic putty knife.

• Theresa Theresa on Feb 02, 2019

Steam from a coffee pot with the lid open.

• Jim Jim on Feb 04, 2019

Dif, which you can buy at Home Depot, Lowe’s etc works really. Spray or wipe it on, let it sit. The longer you let it sit, the less glue residue you have left. Use a plastic scraper to start removing the wall paper. After all the wall paper is off, go over it again to remove any glue residue left on.