Fix my uneven flooring

+3
hi
i hired a handyman to get the flooring changed from carpet to laminate flooring, I didn’t have any knowledge and thought he knows what he was doing and after just a few months the flooring is up at few places, I think it’s because the floor is not level and he’s not answe my calls. I’ve a basement if that’s important to inform of.

can I do anything here?

• Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Dec 30, 2017
    notify consumer affairs,you local news media, and the better business bureau

• Itsmemic Itsmemic on Dec 30, 2017
    this floor should have been leveled with a subfloor..and if it's in the basement...a moisture barrier. I think I hired this guy to do a few jobs in MY house too !:) Why not Better Business Bureau and put in a complaint?

• Kathleen Schofill Kathleen Schofill on Dec 30, 2017
    Probably installed too tightly. If you can pull the baseboard and use a multi tool to create a little space between flooring and wall, it will give it the expansion room it needs. When installing that kind of floor, try to keave 1/2 inch between floor and wall for expansion. Its a common error and I have "fixed" this problem for a few customers.
    Also, did he lay a barrier down? As it is a basement, I would also be concerned with dampness.

• Dha19958002 Dha19958002 on Dec 30, 2017
      hi,
      Thank you for your reply, sorry if I didn’t make it clear, I’ve a basement but got this installed on first floor.

• Mary Mary on Jan 01, 2018
    I have had problems with some individual installers in the past. Doesn't help you now but in the future go with an established store does that work. In my city that is Home Depot or Loews. Try small claims this time, So sorry for your problem.

• Dha19958002 Dha19958002 on Jan 01, 2018
    Yes, I'd go for a professional, actually my handyman is pretty good with all the work he did in my home, but I guess, not where you need to be smart 😣😣. Well, I'll try with the nails and see if it helps.