Is there a way to waterproof the edges of a laminate floor already in

+5
This is an Armstrong Luxury floor with cork backing
q is there a way to waterproof the edges of a laminate floor already in
  • Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Dec 28, 2017
    No....Laminate flooring is not per say waterproof

• Pat Pat on Dec 28, 2017
    Standing water is bad for laminate flooring...I have it and don't know anything that can waterproof the ends or sides. Might call the company or place you bought it. Mine is over 10 years old and starting to show wear. Is in my kitchen.

• Chris Ennis Chris Ennis on Dec 28, 2017
      Yeah, we had some click Marmoleum with a cork backing. the edges held up pretty well everywhere except where the dog’s water bowl sat. The edges curled like crazy. Everywhere else, the edges looked good. Unfortunately, the floor was terrifically difficult to clean. After one year, it looked like it had been down for twenty.

• FL FL on Dec 28, 2017
    Check out this site that says you can do it with silicone! http://homeguides.sfgate.com/seal-laminate-flooring-edges-silicone-30704.html

• Dfm Dfm on Dec 28, 2017
    silicone caulking works well and it comes in a clear no color added cartridge...

• Joanna Smith Joanna Smith on Dec 28, 2017
    I recently installed laminate in front of my shower. I sealed all the way around the edges with clear caulk, then installed wood trim while the caulk was still damp. So far, so good!

Ficher Luce gave a great site on how to use the silicone caulk. I think that’s a great idea!