Saving Yukka plants indoors during winter.?

+2
Planted Yukka seeds in early fall in small pots. Just beginning to show 2" sprouts. Brought indoors for winter but attracting gnats like crazy. Would it kill the plants if I keep them in garage or basement.. or something I can add, spray on them for the insects without killing the plants ???

• Wanda Phillips Wanda Phillips on Dec 09, 2017
    Just put in garage for winter not in house and maybe a light spritz of marathon not directly on just mist like a hairspray!

• DW DW on Dec 09, 2017
    I didn’t think anything would kill yucca. Basement is fine, set a couple saucers of cider vinegar next to them, it will draw the bugs and they drown...

• Rose Blaine Rose Blaine on Dec 10, 2017
    I had with a Xmas catus plant that I started from a friend. I watered it much and got them. Let it dry out and water it with Joy dish soap. It works

• Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Dec 10, 2017
    Do not put them in the garage.You have to re-pot them that is fungus gnats which lay eggs in the soil.spraying alone will not get rid of the gnats

• Bbunny42 Bbunny42 on Dec 10, 2017
    I had the same problem with my plants I brought in for the winter. I read several remedies, but the simplest one was to put some water in a white plate, add a few drops of Joy lemon dish soap, and set next to the plants. The gnats are attracted to this and drown. Empty the plate and repeat process until there are no more gnats. I don't know if a different color plate or different dish soap would work, but this worked for me!