What potted plants need to be covered or brought inside

Live in central Florida. What potted plants need go be brought inside when temp drop to 30's?

• Molly Anmar Molly Anmar on Dec 10, 2017
    Plants become acclimated by gradual decreases in temperature over a period of time. Sudden freezes after a period of warm weather often do more damage to plants than a freeze during a period of cold weather. Most plant parts can adapt to cold, but fruits and roots do not develop good cold tolerance. Cold injury to plants in containers is common.

You can protect them from brief exposure to frost with tenting made from newspaper/cardboard boxes, plastic sheets, fabric sheets or old blankets. The threat of extended exposure will require nearly all of your potted plants to be brought into a protected area.

• Grasshopper Grasshopper on Dec 10, 2017
    Poinsettias for sure. A florist delivered a plant to me once, on the coldest day. (I live in the Houston area.) The leaves all fell off. I complained, they sent another one. It must have been in the same truck as the first one was, as the leaves all fell off that one too. I was so upset, shouldn't the florist have known that those plants DO NOT tolerate cold?

• 27524803 27524803 on Dec 10, 2017
    We live just outside Phoenix AZ and get frost or freeze warnings periodically. We often group our potted plants together around one of our smaller citrus trees.... loop a couple of strings of small Christmas lights around them (NOT LED's) and cover with frost sheets... the lights put off just enough heat to raise the temperature under the frost sheets... and keep the plants from freezing.... they put off a pretty green glow too.