How do you cover a hideous tile backsplash

Our kitchen porcelain tile is in excellent shape but we have a hideous backsplash over the stove top. It is made up of individual tiles that form a cornucopia and I hate it. Any ideas for how to cover it without ripping it out?

• Marjo Marjo on Dec 25, 2017
    Paint Stix waterborne bonding primer over it and then paint any color you want on top of that.

• Pit26371437 Pit26371437 on Dec 25, 2017
      Great idea! I did not know there was bonding primer that would allow me to paint it so thank you for your response!

• Molly Anmar Molly Anmar on Dec 25, 2017
    Paint! Rustoleum (and other companies) makes a paint formulated specifically for covering tiles. If you want a more modern tile look, consider stick on tiles. Smart Tiles is just one company that makes them, but they have terrific customer reviews.

Thanks for the suggestions! I might try the stick on tiles as it would jazz things up a bit. If they don’t look good, painting is the next best thing and I appreciate the name of the product to use! Thanks for your response.