Off white or white kitchen uppers?

+9
Our cottage kitchen walls are a deep cream, white appliances and backsplash, blue/white/cream granite countertop with navy lower cabinets and off white uppers. I'm afraid of having too much white in the kitchen as I don't like the starkness of it but wonder if the off white cabinets look out of place. Appreciate your thoughts. (The photo is pre-backsplash which is now beveled white subway tiles with a chrome stripe along the upper edge.)
q off white or white kitchen uppers
  • Pamelalounsbery Pamelalounsbery on Jun 22, 2017
    Have you thought about a light gray to match with the countertop? I have a white kitchen and wish I didn't

• BillieandRob Linhart BillieandRob Linhart on Jun 22, 2017
    You ever thought about getting different sizes of the glass stones (you can get at your local dollar store) and pattern them and glue them to the backsplash. Some I know have even painted the backs of the stones a different color to make it pop even more.

• Holly Kinchlea-Brown Holly Kinchlea-Brown on Jun 22, 2017
    I would probably not like the off white cupboards next to the white subway tiles, and white cabinets with white subway tile would be too much white. I would id be tempted to pick up the grey tone of the countertop for the uppers...maybe a shade lighter

• Rachel O'Hara Rachel O'Hara on Jun 22, 2017
    I think the cabinets would look cute painted a light grayish blue color, if you're thinking of painting them

• Kalista Heiden Kalista Heiden on Jun 22, 2017
    I love the look of all white. I personally don't think there could be too much white in the kitchen! If you balance it with the right decoration, knobs, rugs, and counter appliances, it will look great!

• Carole Triplett Brooks Carole Triplett Brooks on Jun 22, 2017
    I think it is very beautiful and aesthetic. Introduce your color with accessories, decor, small appliances and dishware. White is your perfect backdrop for any color and will always look so clean and open.

Thanks!

• See 1 previous
      As long as you love how it feels when you walk in the Room. And you will always find items that you know were absolutely made for your kitchen as time goes by.

Love it!

• 2dogal 2dogal on Jun 22, 2017
    I love white. It's so clean and bright and refreshing in a kitchen. For a pop of color, yellow is nice. You can finds lots of accessories using blue, yellow and white. I'd put my color in the accessories.

• this color combination is very much on trend right now. You can certainly add pop with accessories.

• Donna Love Donna Love on Jun 22, 2017
    Love this site for fit ideas and instructions.

• Sharron Christie Sharron Christie on Jun 22, 2017
    Thank you all for your comments. Soft grey may be the answer!