We replaced a 42 in. stove with a 36. in one......

+5
Now the cupboards above and the one next to the stove look off center. The frig. is on the other side. What can we do to make it look good right now. i can't afford to buy all new cupboards now. The cupboard above the stove is 42 in. and the space we need to fill in on the bottom one is about 6 in. HELP
  • Shoshana Shoshana on Jun 21, 2017
    Do you have a picture of what it looks like now? Maybe you could put some decorative shelving in the awkward gaps.

• I had my cabinets extended but the sink was not center under the cut out of cabinets. Cabinet maker moved the top cabinets to center leaving a split between the cabinets. He said he would fix a shelf for cookbooks or sheet pans, etc. but since space was so small I just had him put a wood trim to cover the space. Worked great.

• Betty Nuovo Betty Nuovo on Jun 21, 2017
    You have a six inch space. I don't know what your cabinets look like but you could always build a cabinet to go in that space. If you don't feel you have enough skills get a 1 x 6 board and simply make it come out from the wall and down to the floor. You could finish the top nicely and make it look like a built in cutting board so it would go better. But don't actually use it as a cutting board unless you finish it in a safe way. You could paint the front board the same color as your stove if you couldn't make it to match your cabinets. Just a thought off the top of my head.

• Adam Eng Adam Eng on Jun 26, 2017
    you are going to have to make something like a cookie sheet cabinet

• Jean Kothera Petrice Jean Kothera Petrice on Jun 26, 2017
    Thank you, good idea