What can I do with this unused corner in my living room?

+6
Near the stair railing.Moving the buffet to the dining room.
q what can i do with this unused corner in my living room
  • Jacalyn Jacalyn on Jan 07, 2018
    Make it a small reading nook. Get a comfy chair, add a couple of pillows, and a light throw. Add a small side table and a lamp. And if you have an extra picture laying around, hang it on the wall.

• Ham30390744 Ham30390744 on Jan 07, 2018
    Shelving

• Sharon Sharon on Jan 07, 2018
    Is this in your entryway? if so I would put a console table and mirror. https://i.pinimg.com/736x/d0/76/9d/d0769db808ae7ef110cc8114185b9bf1--entryway-tables-console-tables.jpg

• Kmc29692972 Kmc29692972 on Jan 07, 2018
    Looks like a perfect place for a bench and table to take off shoes and place mail/keys

• Amanda Bishop Amanda Bishop on Jan 09, 2018
    maybe add an halltree and make a small 2 seat bench with storage under it for shoes, grab a throw pillow and a burlap throw blanket and make it look cozy!

• Melissa V Melissa V on Jan 09, 2018
    All good ideas above. My first thought was a cozy reading nook, but it looks like it might be in a main traffic way which would take the coziness out of it, and may end up as a dumping ground for purses, shoes, etc. which brings up the next good idea 💡.
    There are amazing posts on Hometalk for entryway furniture, to give you inspiration. It can still be cozy... a couple of slipper chairs (for shoes on/off), coat & etc rack-freestanding or wallmounted-a table, a lamp, nice rug, some of your artwork...you probably have it all already!
    Even if you have a front hall closet, you don’t put away wet stuff, right? Then tidy up when you have guests to enjoy 😃.

• Mika Mika on Jan 09, 2018
    I love my corner. I put two comfortable chairs, small table, small lamp. It has become a conversation area with my mom and friend. My mother comes over and loves looking out the window without anyone seeing her from the outside. I added a messager to one chair no everyone wants that chair to seat on.

• Sandy Sandy on Jan 09, 2018
    Put an accent chair and small table with a lamp. If it's in the entryway it will probably be just for show which is ok.