What to do about Neighbors tree that drops in my yard?

It's 30 feet tall !!
  4 answers
  • William William on Mar 04, 2017
    You can discuss the problem with your neighbor about trimming the tree or removing it and splitting the cost. If any of the tree is crossing the property line into your yard, you can legally have the parts that are encroaching cut back. May not look good but solves the problem. A neighbor across the street from me had a neighbors tree encroaching onto his property. Not only branches but roots also. His neighbor wouldn't do anything about it. So he had a tree service come out and trim the branches ovehanging his property. Looked terrible. Then he dug around the roots on his property and poured rock salt on the roots over a few weeks. Eventually the tree died and the neighbor had to have it removed.

  • Chrissy Wells Chrissy Wells on Mar 04, 2017
    As William said, you have the right to cut the tree back to the property line. How old is the tree, is it productive or an eye sore? If the tree is a real nuisance you may have to go to court and have the judge rule it cut down. If sap is getting on your car (which will eat the paint, and discolor concrete) take that to court and make a claim for the repairs or the clean up. Make sure you have lots of pictures, statements and quotes from insurance, neighbors and anything else that would help removing the tree. You could offer to replace the tree with another one in a different location.

  • Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Mar 04, 2017
    I have the same situation,and every year we cut back any branches that are in our yard. Although it is a temporary situation it at least looks good for awhile.

  • Linda Keser Linda Keser on Mar 28, 2017
    Go to court and the judge should make the neighbor pay for the tree removal.