Painting inside cabinets

+3
I am soon starting a kitchen cabinet update. I want to first paint the inside of the cabinets. What type of paint have others used. Latex,oil primer?? My plan is to paint the insides first while it’s cold outside.

• Rowgop (Pam) Rowgop (Pam) on Jan 01, 2018
    Semigloss, gloss, or satin–the harder the finish the better. Matte paint on kitchen cabinets is impractical; I wouldn't even use eggshell finish. You want a surface that's durable and wipeable, so you won't be painting again for at least a few years.

• Bijous Bijous on Jan 01, 2018
    Oil is the best for wear and tear but you need to decide how long you want to go without your kitchen and if you can stand the smell of the oil paint. The next one down the list is acrylic. It is water clean up and less vapors. Use a primer with the acrylic. None is needed with oil. Good luck on whatever you decide.

• Kathy Hord Kathy Hord on Jan 01, 2018
    I don’t want to use oil based paint. Especially since I’ll be painting in the winter.I like to paint,craft etc. I really like other opinions. Thank you. I’m planning on doing this slowly. We have a small kitchen,unfortunately.

• L. Creative L. Creative on Jan 01, 2018
    Use a light color to reflect the light to see better inside...but it’s nice coordinate the outside color. Since you will have your head inside while you paint I’d advise a low odor paint. Local home stores should carry those. Either way have fun with it!

• Judy Judy on Jan 01, 2018
    No I would wait til spring, and not do this in the cool weather. The climate diff will affect the painting. Best wishes, J.

• Kathy Hord Kathy Hord on Jan 02, 2018
    Thanks every one. Happy New Year