Kitchen cabinets makeover

+5
Can laminate kitchen cabinets be painted?
  • Linda Vellucci Linda Vellucci on May 03, 2015
    I just purchased paint for laminate countertop. I read all the comments about it. A one quart can costs $20. The photos were GREAT looking. Rustoleum makes it and you can have it tinted one of about 15 colors (shown on the can). I got mine at home depot. http://www.homedepot.com/p/Rust-Oleum-Specialty-1-qt-Countertop-Tintbase-Kit-246068/202820906

Hi Valerie! Yes, that women did a GREAT job making her countertop look like real marble!! I, however, am not that talented, or patient, so I'm going with the ONE color method! lol I also purchased paint for my vinyl floor to match the counter. My house is 17 years old, I am the only one ever lived here, so the floor is in perfect shape, EXCEPT, somehow the glue they put under the vinyl stained the floor from the bottom up, so I'm prepared to paint it over. I got the idea from a lovely women who recently posted that SHE did it on vinyl and other materials and it came out LOVELY. I am newly disabled/retired, so I have the time now to do little projects, even if they are short and simple.

• Chip Miller Chip Miller on May 03, 2015
    You surely can! By using Reclaim or Textured Basecoat from Caromalcolours.com. Check out their terrific website.

• Nmmilan Nmmilan on May 03, 2015
    I used Rustoleum's cabinet transformation on my bathroom cabinets and it worked great!

• Cathy Soukup Cathy Soukup on May 04, 2015
    The secret is making sure the surface has been cleaned well, then using a good primer to seal the surface and provide 'stick'. Paint away!

• Katie Katie on May 04, 2015
    I did mine and like Cathy said make sure they are clean, use a bonding primer and good quality paint that you allow to properly cure before use. If you do it right it will look nice, if you hurry you'll end up wishing you hadn't done it.

• Chip Miller Chip Miller on May 06, 2015
    Another great thing about Caromal Colours paint is that you don't need to use a primer!