Help - CORRECT Outdoor Sealer to use on Crafts!! Thank You!!

+3
I am in need of help. I have been working on several crafts, birdhouses and other projects - all are a combination of painted & bare wood, metal both painted and unpainted.... They need to be sealed for extreme protection before being put outside where we have full sun and exposure to rain and wind (I can bring some in for the winter, it gets 0 degrees). What is the BEST NON YELLOWING SEALER to use on them? Urethane, Polyurathane, or Other? Spray or use a brush? I have so much time and expense (for me) in these projects I don't want to ruin then now! THANK YOU SO MUCH for your help and suggestion. PS... Brand names is what I need, I'll never figure it out on my own. THANK YOU and have a WONDERFUL DAY!!!!

• Rose Broadway Rose Broadway on Dec 06, 2017
    Clear Polyurethane. (Poly)

• Jewellmartin Jewellmartin on Dec 06, 2017
    Spar Varnish is made for things, especially made of wood, that may be exposed to extremes of weather. Use a natural bristle brush, and give it plenty of time to dry between coats. 😇

• Kauai Breeze Kauai Breeze on Dec 06, 2017
    Any polyurethane or varnish will seal it. Just make sure it is an exterior grade. The absolute best would be a marine grade polyurethane. Apply at least two thin coats with a brush paying special attention to the end grain of wood pieces. That is where rot and insect damage starts first. Go to your local paint/hardware store and tell them you need an exterior polyurethane. They will help you.

• Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Dec 06, 2017
    exterior marine varnish

• Aaww Aaww on Dec 07, 2017
    Thanks everyone for your help!