Do I paint that interior door white or paint it the grey?

+6

I have been in the process of trying to paint my balustrade, stair frames, and baseboards painted. However, I have a door that leads out to the balcony and it is currently a white that has turned off white. I painted my window frames a deeper grey than my light grey walls. Do I paint that interior door white or paint it the grey?

q in a quandry please help
  • Deanna Nassar Deanna Nassar on Feb 27, 2019

The door should match the window.

• Betsy Betsy on Feb 27, 2019

Hi KD. Depends. Do you want it to scream "HERE'S THE DOOR", or just say "Here's the door"? I'd go with the gray:) The rest looks really nice, you did a good job! Good luck

• See 1 previous
    • Betsy Betsy on Mar 01, 2019

We've all been there and done that:( What seems like a quick job turns into something so gargantuan that we are overwhelmed. But hang in there kid, you're doing a great job!

• Megan Megan on Feb 27, 2019

I would probably go with white but, I think either would look great!

• William William on Feb 27, 2019

Go with the grey. It won't stand out and draw the eye to it. It wood blend in and be part if the room.

• Lynn Sorrell Lynn Sorrell on Feb 28, 2019

paint the frame/trim around door the dark gray same as the window trim

• KD Redlowske KD Redlowske on Feb 28, 2019

Thank you for your suggestion, but the frame is going to be the white as with all the baseboards and all the interior doors will be. I do appreciate your thoughts on this, thank you.

• Agnes Chrzanowska Agnes Chrzanowska on Mar 31, 2022

it all depends if you like to accent doors... I would add for sure color just a bit