Need advice on a durable, long lasting water based clear finish

I have a desk I need to redo; its my work desk, so it sees a lot of use; I am going to use a good enamel paint on it; and I want to stick with a good water based finish that will hold up to sliding around a keyboard and battery powered mouse, and the occasional ice water or tea spill so it has to be VERY durable; I HAD wanted to use something like the outdoor mod podge formula; but I have seen, I don't know how many, people advise putting on a more durable top coat of some type; I do need recommendations on which sealer to use that is going to hold up to a lot of use and some abuse.

• Dysko7710 Dysko7710 on Dec 26, 2017
    General Finishes brand sells some of the strongest consumer topcoats out there, here is a link to one:

• GrandmasHouseDIY GrandmasHouseDIY on Dec 26, 2017
    Well you can never beat an epoxy finish, as it is durable and hard as a rock. I usually just do at least three thick coats of a poly acrylic and that's always done fine for me even on desks.

• 27524803 27524803 on Dec 27, 2017
    On my work desk... I used a sheet of acrylic, cut to fit... not only did it hold up to abuse... but it gave me a place to 'stick' things... like pictures or charts that I need to use everyday. I had the acrylic cut to fit at my local Lowe's (glass window dept. ) Glass will work just as well, and will not scratch.. but it will cost more than the acrylic.
    The glass or acrylic overlay will preserve the hard work you do, refinishing your desk as well.