What colors work?

+4
My house has a wood theme, but the walls are are all painted one color, white. I want to add some more color, but I jjust don't want the colors to look terrible.

• Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Dec 29, 2017
    what color is the furniture and accessories

• Joyce Holden Joyce Holden on Dec 29, 2017
    Try adding the color with accessories like a quilt on the wall, curtains, colorful pillows and large artwork on the wall.

• Ken Ken on Dec 29, 2017
    Wood plays nice with most any color Hi. Ever see the sitcom Murphy Brown? The set of her house had massive amounts of medium colored wooden beams and such. Plastered areas were painted a medium dark green. I'm still in love with it but it would be difficult to light.

You should go forth with confidence that any colors you would like are going to look great.

• Tinyshoes Tinyshoes on Dec 29, 2017
    Pick colors from furniture...you will be surprised how this will work

• GrandmasHouseDIY GrandmasHouseDIY on Dec 29, 2017
    If you have a wood theme you may consider pulling out a color from the type of wood you have. I used to live in a home that had ceilings of tongue and groove knotty pine - we found some greens in the wood grain that ended up looking really nice and complimented it

• Nancy Turner Nancy Turner on Dec 29, 2017
    If you don't know if you want to paint the walls brighter, you could do one accent wall and maybe start with a more muted or lighter color of the color you wanted, you can always go brighter with the same color if you think the color is right but not bright enough, or even do another wall in the brighter color.

• 2dogal 2dogal on Dec 31, 2017
    Look in your closet. Your most favorite colors are in there, and are the ones you are most comfortable with. Pick three and use them.