How to paint trim near carpet?

+2

I want to paint my baseboards, but I don't want to ruin my carpet. How can I protect my carpet?

• Kelli L. Milligan Kelli L. Milligan on Jan 21, 2019

Hardware stores sell a curved plastic shield about 3 feet long that you drag down ad you paint. Works great. I live it. You can also use wide blue painters tape on the carpet but it is exspensive.

• William William on Jan 21, 2019

I use a length of cardboard on the carpet and press down with my knee while I paint.

• Katie Sara Creates Katie Sara Creates on Jan 22, 2019

We used Frog Tape and it worked like a charm. icon

• LorriB LorriB on Jan 23, 2019

I use duct tape because it sticks well to the carpet and allows you to pull back carpet from the wall you want to paint. The other benefit of using duct tape is it grabs that band of dirt/dust that always seems to collect along the wall's edge. When you go to remove the duct tape, it usually pulls up the dirt and dust.

• Jenni Ingram Jenni Ingram on Jan 23, 2019

I use a straight edge and tape to get between the carpet and the baseboard. This post explains how: https://rootsandwingsfurniture.com/blog/woodpaneling/