How to repaint wall with peeling paint

The interior walls were painted 2 years ago b4 we moved in. Now it is peeling away in spots - usually several horizontal ”dashes” - each one about 1” Long. Wondered whether I should pull at them (since it seems that it is very flexible latex) and see how much will come off and then start from there. I suspect that the painter did not prime the walls. I expect to have more to fix. HELP!!

• Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Dec 29, 2017
    you will have to sand to walls to a smooth finish before applying any paint

• Nancy Wilson Nancy Wilson on Dec 29, 2017
    Sorry about this but I think you should scrape the paint off as much as possible and prime before you paint again. Make sure that you use the appropriate primer to go over the existing paint. You can also sand the walls to remove both the peeling paint and give the primer a better hold. It's time consuming but you will never regret the extra effort.

• Miami Pat Miami Pat on Dec 29, 2017
      Thanks! Sometimes u sort of know the (horrible) answer but u need someone else to tell you :)