Painting indoor/outdoor carpeting

+2
My patio has green indoor/outdoor carpeting, and I would like to paint or dye it another color. I would like to "refresh" it, I don't like green, and the green is confusing my dog! What kind of paint would I use?

• Jeanette S Jeanette S on Dec 25, 2017
    If your carpet is in good shape, why not just purchase a large indoor/outdoor rug and place over it. The porch furniture will cover most of the green.

I just covered my porch which had weathered boards that were still in great shape but were stained from years of leaves falling on them and they were ugly. I covered with a bright rug and added old porch furniture that got a fresh coat of paint...every piece a different color!

• Kathy Kathy on Dec 25, 2017
    Since the rug is made of plastic, I don't think the paint would last especially if it gets a lot of foot traffic. I/o rugs aren't expensive and there are more color options available today.

• Gidget Gidget on Dec 25, 2017
    My question was what KIND of paint to use for painting indoor/outdoor carpet--the green low pile kind. I have 250 sq feet to paint.