What is the best way to paint textured corners?

+2
I have textured walls and am painting them 2 different colors. When I tape one wall, the paint bleeds under the tape onto the other wall.

• Sharon Sharon on Dec 19, 2017
    Tape it and then paint a layer of clear coat over the edge you don't want to bleed, and allow to set up. Then roll on your wall color. When dry, remove tape and run a fresh piece of tape on the wall you just painted, and repeat the clear coat to paint the adjoining wall. I usually use flat or satin clear coat.
    I have also run a bead of caulk in a really textured corner or ceiling line, and run a wet finger over it. To make the corner more crisp so I can cut in by hand with a good tapered brush.
    Another technique is to use a 12-14" drywall taping knife, hold it vertically in the corner and use a brush to paint a straight line. Wipe clean then do the other side when dry..... then roll out your walls.

• Jewellmartin Jewellmartin on Dec 20, 2017
    I suggest using frog tape and a yardstick or sheet of cardboard to guide the paintbrush and protect the other side of the corner. You have just demonstrated why painters don't texture all the way to the corner. Best wishes 😇

• Nancy Turner Nancy Turner on Dec 20, 2017
    I used a foam brush that had a thin straight edge and only put paint on one side to do tricky corners and put a piece of thin straight plastic in the corner so only the one flat side was in the corner only and not against the wall at all and that helped.

• Ebbjdl Ebbjdl on Dec 20, 2017
    What kind of tape are you using? Blue tape is the best. You can't leave the tape on too long, or it will bleed. Call a Homedepot or Lowe's and ask how long to leave the tape on. Don't wait till it dries