Outside temp around 30. Thermostat setting?

+2
  • Ken Ken on Dec 12, 2017
    Thermostat should be set wherever you want it to be set.

• Nancy Turner Nancy Turner on Dec 12, 2017
    You have to find out what is comfortable for you and anyone in the house. My Dad always set it where he was comfortable, but I couldn't be in the house without a sweatshirt or heavy sweater because I was thin and couldn't handle the lower temp. The same went in the summer because he liked it cool. What is comfortable for you and yours with or without extra coverings will be good. Just make sure you don't have someone who can't handle the temp even with extra covering. To this day, I still can't handle air conditioning very well without being too cold, especially in a car, without a sweater or sweatshirt.

• What is comfortable for you and your family and pets? Let that be your guide. I am always hot so for me a cooler temp would be fine, but I keep at 68 at night and 72 during the day for the pets during the winter months.

• Pascale Nguyen Pascale Nguyen on Dec 12, 2017
    We keep it at 70 on 1st floor and 68 upstairs. It all depends on your comfort level.

• Michele Pappagallo Michele Pappagallo on Dec 12, 2017
    You should set your thermostat at whatever level feels comfortable to you. Some people like a cooler house, and some like a warmer house....so it is all up to personal preference. We keep ours around 68 degrees because we like the house a bit cooler, but our neighbors set theirs at 72 degrees. Try setting it at 70 degrees and then wait for a day or so to see how it feels. Adjust it up or down as needed.