How do you repair a glass stove top?

+1

A tea kettle boiled dry and there are ripple spots on the glass.:((( How can I fix it?

• Deb K Deb K on Feb 06, 2019

Hi Maria, I would not trust the integrity of the top, you could replace the top, or have someone come in and replace it, safety first.

• Belle Jaeger Belle Jaeger on Feb 06, 2019

I make a vinegar and baking soda paste and gently rub it and rinse and repeat.

• Shore grandmom Shore grandmom on Feb 07, 2019

I would replace it. I don't know if it's safe to use and I'm sure the heat is irregular. Open your search engine and type in the make and model and glass top and replacements should come up. I've read before that it can be a diy, but I've never done (I have gas cooktop).

• Ebbjdl Ebbjdl on Feb 12, 2019

Maria,. Clean it with Creama Bryte, 28 ox bottle It's made for glass tops. It's a white cream that you pour on a little and clean it with the scratchy side of the sponge. Start in circles, then go up and down, then accross. This I bought in hHome Depot. The scratchy sponge usually comes with it. You can call them at 800-578-4663 if you can't find it. Aloha!