Is there an easy way to put a pedestal under a dryer?

+2
  • 27524803 27524803 on Dec 11, 2017
    Most of the commercial pedestals are just fancy boxes.. some with drawers... but still just a box... If you plan to put it under your washer as well as the dryer... the frame work should be 2 by 6, 8, 10, etc. and use at least 3/4 inch plywood (marine grade) for the top. Add cross and corner braces to accommodate vibration when machines are running. And you do not want it to stick out too far in front of the units...or get in the way of outlets or vents.

• Colleen Swindell Colleen Swindell on Dec 11, 2017
    I'm guessing, my understanding of your question is "how to lift the dryer up so you can put the pedestal underneath" If so, you can have a couple of people lift the dryer,( they are not too heavy), while someone positions the pedestal underneath. I, however, would slowly and methodically raise the dryer with blocks, say 2×4's, under each corner, building layer after layer to the height needed. Make sure the front blocks are set back a few inches so you have a place to slide pedestal under without displacing the blocks before you are ready. Now don't try the one person method unless you have ample confidence in your abilities. Safety first! Always. I've been developing my own processes quite a while. "Necessity is the mother of invention" along with a good portion of Common Sense. I hope that I answered your question and hope you liked the sermon. Good luck!