Please what can l do to unblock my laundry tub?/ coming from dishwash

+3
  • Mary Mary on Dec 18, 2017
    you might check your vent from the drain this should come out of the roof although I have seen some vent into the attic. Lots of time in the winter these will frost or ice up inside and not allow proper venting causing your drain water to find another way out. If you have already tried drain cleaners this is probably the problem. With winter and snow in the scene becareful on the roof and just run a clean out line down it. some people have told me they poured hot water down them but i can't say I have tried it. If i have to go up there I would rather just go ahead and ream it out

• Gary Mantei Gary Mantei on Dec 18, 2017
    Baking Soda

• Nancy Turner Nancy Turner on Dec 18, 2017
    To go further with the baking soda, put about a quarter to half cup in the drain, follow with a cup or so of vinegar and let it sit about fifteen minutes. Follow this with about a gallon of water. Hopefully this will help unclog it.

• See 1 previous
    • Marion Nesbitt Marion Nesbitt on Dec 19, 2017
      I like this treatment, too. It also odourizes. I go big though - at least 1/2 cup baking soda followed by the vinegar, let it foam and then a quart or two of hot water. Repeat if necessary.

• Peter Peter on Dec 19, 2017
    Dishwashers are often later additions with poorly considered venting... your problem may be as old as the dishwasher.
    If the solutions suggested do not solve your problem, a vent (or vacuum break) may be needed to solve the problem. Your LOCAL CODE may restrict your choices, and your local plumbers would KNOW the best available solution if venting Is an issue.