What is the best way to repair/cover deep etching in a sink?

I have a cultured marble double vanity/sink in my bathroom. The areas around the sink drains have become discolored with deep etching. I already tried to sand them down and buff them, but the etching is too deep. Unfortunately, the sinks aren't white; they are part of the overall vanity which is a cream marbled color.
  • Deborah Parliament Deborah Parliament on Jun 21, 2017
    My inlaws have the same problem. Use peroxide and baking soda and a toothbrush to clean the etching. If that doesn't work, try bleach as well. I would then use a clean silicone to fill the groves flush.

• Shoshana Shoshana on Jun 22, 2017
    I would try a commercial marble polish first and rub with a soft microfiber cloth.

• MARY MARY on Jun 22, 2017
    We have the same kind of cultured marble sink which had accumulated calcium deposits around the drain from the hard water. I soaked the drain area with white vinegar for a few hours (overnight may be necessary), and then used a pumice stone to clean it off. Easy!