Should I put primer over spots I've repaired on painted walls?

+3
after painting a room, there were places that needed repair. I used spackling to fill in holes, then painted. The repaired spots look different and you can see where the wall was repaired. Should I have primed these spots before painting?

• Jan218632 Jan218632 on Dec 16, 2017
    if you prime you have to prime the whole wall to make it look the same. Where you repaired is probably flatter or shinier. Sanding the repair place prior to painting could have helped. Priming the whole wall or painting with a lighter color could have also. But I’m better you’re the only one who really notices. With pictures or whatever you decorate with in the room I’m betting no one will even notice.

• Mary Gibbons Mary Gibbons on Dec 16, 2017
    yes it would show the true color more easily if the paint has not been on so long or in direct sunlite that it has faded. If so you may be able to add white color a very small amt. at a time. As in teaspoon small. Also you should sand the area with a fine sandpaper.

• MadameRã MadameRã on Dec 16, 2017
    Not always,& as everything can only be assessed through written words my suggestion is(& it does work if all is white), is to use cardboard large enough as a type of shield, cutting out spaces so to hold on the areas of the walls while giving a quick spray of Marking Paint~ yes Marking Paint. We in trade have found this trick to work quite well indeed. Then after this has dried properly then use one spray of clear sealant.., pending on whether you have shine or not will be the decision to either get gloss or matt.

Hoping this might help
    Happy Crafting:)))

• Tinyshoes Tinyshoes on Dec 17, 2017
    I would prime first, then paint

• Mogie Mogie on Dec 17, 2017
    Give it another coat of two of paint and that should make it match.