How do I level countertop before installing subway tile on backsplash?

When I started to install subway tile on backsplash, I realized the counter top wasn't level. Yes, someone dropped the ball on the top install!
The longest top is 11'. They didn't put a board on the wall to support the countertop. The board was added later but it is only level for 5'.
When I used a laser level, the top is down on the opposite end.
How can I level the whole top before I start to install tile?
Help!!

• Ken Ken on Dec 28, 2017
    Not quite understanding why a board on the wall was needed. Doesn't the countertop rest on top of cabinets?

Usually a laminate countertop is held on with screws up through corner blocks in the cabinets. I don't think that you can do this without removing the countertop and making a level foundation. Cabinets will need to be shimmed at the bottom to make them level and any support ledgers on the wall need to be continuous and at the same level as the top of the cabinets.

• Joye R. Foster Joye R. Foster on Dec 28, 2017
    Go underneath the counter and use shims. You may have to remove the dishwasher.

• William William on Dec 28, 2017
    I agree with Joye! You will need to get underneath and shim or screw extra boards to level the countertop.