How to repair cracking concrete edges?

+3
The total surfa is about 6.000 square feet. The pictures show only a close up.
q how to repair cracking concrete edges
q how to repair cracking concrete edges
  • Suzette Suzette on Dec 12, 2017
    Hi J, Here's a video that may help: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MHPzGrkHeQ

Good luck!

• Cindy Hagemann Cindy Hagemann on Dec 12, 2017
    Might be too late, but I would apply concrete sealer and top coat. You can buy them at hardware stores.

• William William on Dec 12, 2017
    Looks like the wood border just transferred moisture to the concrete and broke it down. All you can do is rebuild the cracked edges with a latex modified concrete patching compound. A lot of tedious and time consuming work.

• Pennyswift Pennyswift on Dec 12, 2017
    If I were you I would chip away any loose concrete and then mix up mortar - ie cement, sand and water without any stone/pea gravel (ie the coarse aggregate). The easiest will be to buy a bag of ready-mixed (dry) mortar and then just add enough water to make a pliable - not runny - mix. Use a trowel to fill in the cracks and hollows and a straightedged piece of wood to scrape excess mortar off the surface. Let it cure for a few weeks before using the path again! It really doesn't have to be difficult!

• Jmv31605514 Jmv31605514 on Dec 12, 2017
      I did some patching, the color was were different that I thought on painting the entere parking lot (5.000 sf)