I turned off the inside valve, but water continued to dribble.

• Raymond Dubois Raymond Dubois on Dec 31, 2017
    I assume you are talking about the inside valve to your outdoor spigot. The inside valve needs to be repaired or replaced. I'm hoping it's an old galvanized one. Turn off the water main real hand tight, open the old valve completely and drain the pipe, use a bucket under that valve and take it apart. Don't break anything, that's real bad. You should be able to remove the seal and replace it. You can't always do that though. Some better valves can't be repaired so you'll probably need a plumber. sorry. The joys of a homeowner!

• Mogie Mogie on Dec 31, 2017
    Valve to what? Valve on a water line?

• FL FL on Dec 31, 2017
    "It sounds like something seen in any faucet with a high or long spout and an aerator. When the water is turned on, it flows through a relatively large pipe or tube to the aerator. When the water is turned off, some of it remains in the tube and it will drain out. If the flow drastically reduces, and it only lasts a few seconds, don't worry about it.
    If it remains at full force for those seconds, replace the faucet seats or cartridges. " https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20110302192316AAcd3mf