What is the best and least expensive DYI water softener and acid bed

I have hard well water with a low acidic Ph . Businesses that make service calls to add calcite and or salt for their brand are too expensive.

• FL FL on Dec 05, 2017
    You can buy the bags yourself and dump them into the water. I am not THAT strong, but was able to manage it.

• Nancy Turner Nancy Turner on Dec 06, 2017
    If your water has a bad taste there are also systems that you can put in to get water that is the same as the purified drinking water that you can buy in the stores. That only has filters that you can change by yourself. We had well water once and it tasted horrible and the baby I had at that time always threw up his formula until we got one put in.

• Darlenegsloan1 Darlenegsloan1 on Dec 06, 2017
    We have well water. it was absolutely awful. Found Wave Home Solutions online and ordered a well water system, installed it ourselves. Our water is great now. Check out their website: www.wavehomesolutions.com. We learned the hard way that a salt softener system does not solve the issues with well water.